Wednesday 24 February 2016

#notakaki : #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

I read the book twice - an e-book initially before I felt there were so much informations needed to re-read so bought it as my New Year To-Be-Read (TBR) book.

It was the best book I've read so far and I can see myself picking up time and again and still I could find some different perspective about it. (And no.... I did not idolize you, Sophia).

Let's just say that the book is similar to today's commercial hair shampoo - 3 in 1 or maybe 4 in 1, a book which consisted 3 or more topics that can benefit a wide variety of people out there - life experiences, working advises from an employee and an employer POV, motivational notes about everything and anything.

3 pieces of advises though :-

1. Don't ever grow up.
2. Don't become a bore.
3. Don't ever let the MAN get to you.

For me what I like most is how she taught us how to think creatively. How to take advantage and create something valueable out of it. If we don't have enough money, find cheaper or even free ways to get by. She taught us how to use modern technology to our advantages. Find ways to survive. Think creative. It's what we called - Street Smart way of thinking. Thinking for survival. Well..... unless you're born rich. That's another story.

Cool?

Topics in discussion are :-

1  -  The Chronology of a #GIRLBOSS 
        Telling us a girl who grew up and made messes in finding her true passion.

2  -   So You Want To Be A #GIRLBOSS?
        Life is Short. Don't be lazy. Work our asses off.

3  -  How I Became a #GIRLBOSS
       There are secrets opportunities hidden in every failure. Go and find them. Remember the late Steve Job advice.

4  -  Shoplifting (and Hitchhiking) Saved My Life.
       Not advisable to choose this way if possible. Hitchhiking might be a norm in US but not in some other part of the world especially women. We don't want to end up getting raped and being thrown in some forests/jungles/rivers/sea -  alive or dead. The black and white is not the only path to success. Keep an eye on gray as well.

5  -  Money Looks Better in the Bank than On Your Feet
       Money spells FREEDOM. Cash is KING. A big NO-NO is as soon as our income increases we increase our spending too. The shitest way is when we spend money went there is no or not enough at all but it's a norm today. It happened all over the world.

6  -  Hocus - Pocus : The Power of Magical Thinking
       Treat your mind like your money. Don't waste it. We control our thoughts and our thoughts control our lives. Throw out the negativity. It's a toxic for our body and soul. Create  our own modern day sigil.

7  -  I Am Anti-Fashion
       Be yourself. Find the way until we find our own place. Accept who we truly are.

8  -  On Hiring, Staying Employed And Firing.
        Tells us in the how-to from an employee and an employer POV. Advises we often get but ignored (me included.)

9  -  Taking Care of (Your) Business
        A 10 thousand hours of practice is advisable but JUST DO IT can be more rewarding. Search for knowledge in Google. Watch YouTube and adapt accordingly with the situation.

10 -  Creativity is Everything
Think creatively and adapt accordingly - as a way of life. Remember the gray path and don't ever fall into the Dark Side.

11 -  The Chances


10⭐/10









No comments:

I Lost My Way by Yasmin Mogahed

Alhamdulillah I finished this book. Actually this is a very simple book. Very simple English written. I believed this is one of ...